Loudon Agricultural Commission
Meeting January 11, 2010
Monday, February 8th, 2010, Loudon Community Building- Charlie’s Barn, 7:00 PM
Monday, March 8th, 2010, Loudon Community Building- Charlie’s Barn, 7:00 PM
Monday, April 12th, 2010, Loudon Community Building- Charlie’s Barn, 7:00 PM
Board Members: Carole Soule, Bruce Dawson, Earl Tuson, Melissa Moore
Attendees: Allen Barton
- Minutes of Dec 14, 2009 were accepted as written.
- Earl Tuson sent suggestions to the Loudon Planning Board to consider a zoning ordinance regarding access through wetland buffers for farm activities. The Zoning Board has suggested alternative wording. If the wording in 301.6.4 as proposed by the Zoning Board is not accepted by the Conservation Commission, its omission will be amenable to this board . It was moved to accept wording changes as discussed by Bruce Dawson; seconded by Carole Soule. All in favor.
- Earl has responded to Nada Haddad confirming that Loudon has an Ag Commission.
- The 4th weekend in March is NH Maple Weekend. Melissa Moore will send information to include in the Loudon Ledger. Many Loudon producers are open to visitors. This listing will be publicized in the Ledger. Moved by Carole; seconded by Bruce. All in Favor.
- It was agreed that notification of the Farmer's Market at Cole Gardens would be sent to the Loudon Ledger.
- Carole will research a Mini-Grant for Marketing Activities. It was agreed that the application would request funds for a Self-Guided Ag tour that could be posted on a website. Moved by Melissa, seconded by Bruce. All in favor.
- It was agreed Carole would investigate a Loudon Agriculture booth at Loudon Old Home Day.
- In order to demonstrate the website Bruce will check to see if WiFi is available in the Community Building. If not, then we could hold a meeting at the Library so that Bruce can train the board in the website use and maintenance.
- It was agreed to recruit a speaker for the March 8th meeting to discuss Farm Energy Conservation.
- High Tunnel EQUIP funding is available through USDA-NRCS.
- Meeting adjourned at 8:35pm